Tuesday, May 29, 2012

There Are Flags Everywhere!






Happy Memorial Day!
Long week, filled with homesickness, good memories, and small frustrations in myself.
The new bike is beautiful and the brakes work very well, but it also found a few goat heads this week, but the ward members are sooo nice here and so we quickly were able to get the tire fixed and green slimed, just in time for it to rain. hahah
Mission life is way different than I imagined, its been taking some getting used too, my thoughts have been turning towards home a lot this week, I look down at the sidewalk and see different bugs, I look up and see different birds, different trees, its been hard to adjust and I realized why this week. This is the longest I've ever been out of California! Its never been longer than a week for me, so I'm finally starting to really settle in to this is where I'm gonna be for the next year and half, not just a different part of California but a different part of the country.
But something that has been similiar is the love of the ward members. They are all so caring and giving and really help us out a lot. We gave two talks in two different wards and afterwards everyone was so supportive it was great. :)
When I was feeling expecially down this week I asked for a Priesthood blessing and it was amazing, it was the first time I had recieved one from someone who really knows nothing about me. My testimony was strengthened and my drive to be here and find and help those that can only be helped through me was re-inspired. I am no good at talking to strangers but I'm working my hardest at it, and I know as I keep working I'll keep getting better little by little. :)
We don't have any investigators yet and so we've started teaching the lessons to members to help refine my skills.  On Saturday we were teaching the Restoration and I was asked to recite the first vision and I remembered it all. It was a great experience. I had this calm sense to just keep talking, I knew I wasn't gonna mess it up. Helped me feel so much better and a little excited for more lessons. :)
Well I love you all so much! Thank you for your constant love and support.
Keep smiling! :)
-Sister Young

1 comment:

  1. Noraaaaaa! I'm so excited for you! Holy crap, I'm so sorry I was MIA when you left. Ugh. I am the worst. But I am about to make it up to you by writing you the MOST letters. So. Get ready. :)

    ReplyDelete