Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ensign Peak and Heritage Park

Sisters Young and Crockett at Ensign Peak

Sister Young at the top of Ensign Peak

Sister Young

Knocking on every door :)  At Heritage Park.

Train Track at Heritage Park

Beautiful Missionary Daughters on the bus.

Hello Friends and Family,

The mission outing was amazing! We hiked up to Ensign Peak (which to get there we drove past Temple Square. Lots of memories came flooding back of the trip we took to take Ben to the MTC. :) ), anyway we went there to look over the Valley and ponder on the days when they were building up the town physically and to think of how we are here to help build up the town spiritually. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful perspective to take with us after the day was over.  After that we went to Heritage Park and got to soak in some more history as well as have a testimony meeting for the departing missionaries in a replica church house of the times. It was a very special day and helped refresh and recharge all of us as we went back to work that evening. :)
I still struggle a lot  with a lot of things. I always want to be more perfect and I get tired out easily. But when I have these moments of peace nothing can get to me. So I hold on as tight as I can to those moments and remember their reality so when the storm of doubt and fatigue comes again I can more quickly tell it "No I won't give in to you because I can't deny that peace I felt just a minute, hour, day ago." And then I'm able to work through the struggle and continue moving forward and come out stronger and grateful on the other side.
I love you all so very much, always remember who you are and how important you are to your Heavenly Father he will always help you in times of need.
I am always grateful to you for your love and support.
Love you love you love you!
-Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment