Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spruce the Goose

 I can't believe how the time is flying, its amazing that its been a year now since I went through the temple. And a year since I broke my elbow! I guess I "celebrated" that by dropping a chair on my foot last week. hahahah Nothing broken though. heh

I loved conference! I wrote out my questions and then wrote out which talks answered which, a lot for me was the reminder of ASKING FOR HELP and to sincerely do the simple things of studying, praying, and church attendance - not just going through the motions.  :) And just relaxing and being myself and reaching out in love to everyone!

Some flowers are blooming and trees with flowers are blooming, but everything else is still pretty brown right now. I'm sure it is going to look so pretty when everything explodes. Today was soo cold!!! But we had a fun outing, I bought a new skirt from Ross, and I printed some pictures to send home, and we just had lots of fun. After this we go home to finish laundry and write out some handwritten letters.
Oh yeah we also learned we like snow better than rain. It rained all day yesterday and we were DRENCHED! At lunch we threw our coats in the dryer and then after it stopped I couldn't find my planner....it was then I realized that I had accidentally left it in my coat pocket! So my daily planner went through the dryer. It had gotten wet in the rain but I still don't recommend letting it go through the dryer. ;) 

Have fun with the Elders tonight. :)  I was thinking something silly to be done sometime for missionaries is to have your main meal, but then also have a few choices of cereal and milk, some peanut butter and jelly sandwich makings, and a few different drink and dessert choices, and tell them your recreating the MTC cafeteria and that they can have whatever they like. heheh If someone did that for me I'd giggle. 

I love love love you!

Here's a picture of what makes it feel like "home."
 

 
 And of course some of the pretty tulips!

We are loving the people we are working with more and more and more and seeing them growing and blooming just like the pretty tulips. 

love love love!
-Your Missionary Daughter 
Sister Young

PS We had a winner for naming the goose. Marc gave the name Spruce the Goose. heheh Also we see tons of Pigeons at the apartments we go to, I'm constantly thinking of "Good Feathers" quotes as we go tracting. heheh


 

No comments:

Post a Comment