Tuesday, January 29, 2013

An Eventful Week


Thank you. :)
All your love and support is sooo needed! And soo appreciated. I have been reminded this week about trying to be too perfect and being to hard on myself. Reminding me how, sure, we're not perfect. But having a companion who's told you openly and often that she doesn't want to be transferred away from you is something huge! And to stop focusing on all the negative. etc etc. To remember that Heavenly Father's love is unconditional and he takes everything we do for him as an offering - big or small. Whether we feel it's perfect or not, if it's for Him, He accepts it and He makes it work.
 
It's been an eventful weather week! The ice storm was an adventure. I slipped many many times and Sister Rogerson slipped and face planted right into a snow drift, which has been a fun story to tell all week. hahah The inversion was just gross. I had to get a flu shot on  Wednesday and then I got a nasty bruise from it and was sick the next day. But oh well, I guess I'm better now and won't get the flu again for the season. We've learned how to teach a 15 step stop smoking lesson and it's helped us pick an investigator back up because he wants help to stop smoking. :) We also had a woman who when Sister R and I went to visit, had told us to not come back until April. But then she called us up on Thursday morning out of the blue and told us she had been reading her scriptures the night before and realized it was time now. She wanted to be baptized now. Missionaries have been teaching her since last May so she's been all prepared and it's happening this coming Saturday. Its been an amazing blessing and we are so excited to be able to just be present and ready for her now that she's ready.
 
I love you so very much. I'm glad you were able to have a great time with Anna and Ben and seeing Elder Anderson as just another good church leader. That's really how General Conference feels too - good, comfortable, and familiar. :)
 
I'm a little tired this week, but its okay. I'll keep working hard and do my best to help keep making everyone at home proud. :)
love love love!
Your Missionary Daughter!
Sister Young
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment